In this post you will get Research Methodology Question Bank which is useful for Dibrugarh University M.Com 3rd Sem exam conducted by DODLDU. This question bank is prepared after taking into consideration past exam question papers.
Research Methodology Question Bank
Dibrugarh University M. Com 3rd Semester (DODLDU)
Block – 1: Business Research Basics
Part A: Introduction to Business research and types of business research
1. Define business research. Discuss the need and importance of business research. 2012, 2014
2. What are the different types of research? Explain them in brief.
3. What are the factors that have to be taken into consideration by a researcher while choosing the type of research design? 2014, 2018
4. What are the essentials of a good research?
5. Explain the significance of research in business decision making and other areas.
Part B: Research plan & Research design
1. What is Research Design? Discuss the utility of Research Design. 2013
2. What are the features of a good research design?
3. What are various types of research design? What are its essential components?
4. What is research plan? What are essentials of a research plan?
Part C: Collection of Data – Primary Data and Secondary Data
1. Define primary data. What are the methods of collecting primary data? Discuss their merits and demerits with examples. 2012
2. What do you mean by data? What are its various types? Distinguish between primary data and secondary data. 2017, 2018
3. Enumerate the different methods of collecting data. Which one is the most suitable for conducting enquiry regarding family welfare programme in India? Explain its merits & demerits. 2014
4. What is secondary data? Mention the various sources from where one can obtain secondary data. Discuss the essential characteristics of secondary data.
5. Distinguish between primary and secondary data. Which data is to be selected at the time of research? What are the precautions which must be taken at the time of using secondary data?
Part D: Sampling – Sampling Techniques
1. What is Business Research? What factors should be taken into consideration while selecting a sample from a population? 2016
10. Write notes on: Nominal Data, Ordinal Data, Interval Data, Ratio Data.
12. Detail out the measurement of scaling techniques. Discuss the difference between ratio scale and interval scale. 2016, 2017
11. A soft drink company wants to launch a carbonated soft drink in an island inhabited by tribal people who have never tasted such a drink. As a consultant to the firm, you have been assigned the task of finding out the possibility of success of such a drink and the possible mode of operation for a ‘product launch’. What is the type of research design you are likely to adopt and why? 2015
13. The difference in earnings of different income categories is responsible for different buying and usage habits of washing powder. You have been asked to conduct a survey and choose a sample. What kind of sampling will you avail? Reason out your answer. 2016
Block – 2: Descriptive Statistics
Part A: Measure of Central Tendency and Dispersion & Skewness
1. What is measure of central tendency and dispersion? What are the essential qualities of a measure of central tendency and a good measure of dispersion?
2. What is dispersion? What purpose does it serve? What are its various types? Distinguish between absolute and relative measures of dispersion.
3. What are various measures of central tendency? [Mean, Median and Mode]
4. What are various measures of dispersion? Explain them briefly.
5. Explain the relationship between mean, median and mode.
6. Define Lorentz curve, statistical unit, co-variance, frequency, mid-value, cumulative frequency, individual series, discrete variable.
7. What is semi inter-quartile-range? Explain its merits and demerits.
8. Which is best measure of average or central tendency and dispersion and why?
9. What does a measure of central tendency indicate? Discuss the important measures of central tendency pointing out the situation when one measure is considered relatively appropriate in comparison to other measures.
10. Compare and contrast between – Measure of Central Tendency Vs. Measure of Variation.
11. What is measures of skewness? Explain the three different formulas to compute the coefficient of skewness.
12. What are the different measures of central tendency? How these measures are used in analyzing data under different circumstances?
13. Prove that: (For solution of this questions please subscribe our YouTube Channel)
Ø AM > GM > HM. When AM, GM and HM are equal.
Ø GM = nth root of product of AM and HM
Part B: Correlation and Regression Analysis
1. What is correlation analysis? What are its various kinds? What is its range? When correlation coefficient is positive, negative or zero?
2. Difference between Karl Pearson’s coefficient of correlation and spearmen’s rank correlation.
3. Mention three methods for calculation of coefficient of correlation.
4. Define regression analysis. Why there are two regression lines? Distinguish between correlation and regression.
5. What are the uses and limitations of correlation and regression analysis?
6. Write the properties of coefficient of correlation.
7. How does regression enable prediction of relationship between variables?
8. Why the degree of association is measured in term of a causal relationship among the variable, the discussion is done in terms of a regression analysis?
Part C: Time Series Analysis
1. What is time series analysis? Justify the use of time series analysis in research.
2. Discuss the components of time series analysis. Mention the two models used for time series analysis.
3. What is Trend or secular trend? Mention the factors responsible for long term and short term trend.
4. What do you mean by seasonal variation in a time series? What are the factors responsible for seasonal variations?
5. Discuss various methods used for time series analysis. Explain one of them especially moving average method.
6. Explain least square method of time series analysis with respective merits and demerits.
7. Write short notes on shifting of trend and deseasonalised value.
Part D: Index Number
1. Define index number and explain briefly the nature of problems involved in the construction of index numbers. How are index numbers useful for businessmen?
2. What are various types of index number? Distinguish between them.
3. Define base year and ‘weights’ in the construction of index numbers. Discuss the importance of weights.
4. Mention three types of index number. (Price Index number, quantity index number and value index number)
5. Mention two merits and demerits and differences of Laspeyre’s and Paasche’s index number.
6. Why Index number is called “Economic Barometer” (Uses of Index number)?
7. What is Time and Factor reversal test? Which method satisfied these test?
8. What is cost of living index? What is its importance?
9. Mention any three important methods for calculating index number. Why fisher’s index is called ideal index number?
10. Define and Distinguish between:
(a) Time reversal test and Factor reversal test
(b) Price index and Quantity index number
(c) Weighted and Unweighted (Simple) Index number
(d) Fixed base and chain base index number