Management Principles and Application Question Paper 2022
[Dibrugarh University BCOM 3rd SEM Hons]
3 SEM TDC MP & A (CBCS) C 307
Paper: C – 307
(Management Principles and Application)
Full Marks: 80
Pass Marks: 32
Time: 3 hours
The figures in the margin indicate full marks for the questions
1. (a) State whether the following statements are True or False: 1 x 4=4
(1) Management as a science, a systematized body of knowledge, principles based on repeated experiments.
(2) The essence of communication is getting the receiver and the sender, turned together for a particular message.
(3) Taylor called his philosophy of work as ‘scientific management’ whereas Fayol described his work as ‘general theory of administration’.
(4) Abraham Maslow, an eminent US psychologist, gave a general theory of motivation known as need hierarchy theory.
(b) Choose the correct answer from the given alternatives: 1 x 4=4
(i) Management by objectives is also known as
(1) management by results.
(2) technique of worst management.
(3) allocation of resources and responsibility.
(ii) Which of the following is not a group decision making technique?
(1) Nominal group technique.
(3) Delphi method.
(4) Direct single relationship.
(iii) _______ is a universally accepted principle.
(iv) Principles of effective control are
(1) principles of uniformity.
(2) cost standards.
(3) management audit.
2. Write short notes on any three of the following: 4 x 3=12
(a) Hawthorne experiment.
(b) Planning premises.
(c) External environmental analysis.
(d) Functional organization.
3. (a) Discuss the various levels of management practised in an industrial organization. 12
(b) “Coordination is the essence of management.” Explain the statement. 12
4. (a) What are the various approaches of management thought? State the features and importance of bureaucratic management approach of Max Weber. 4+4+4=12
(b) Define strategic planning and discuss various steps involved in strategic planning process. 12
5. (a) What is economic environment of business? State the meaning and importance of SWOT analysis. 8+4=12
(b) Define staffing. Discuss the importance and process of staffing in big business concerns. 2+3+7=12
6. (a) Distinguish between the following: 6+6=12
(1) Formal and Informal communications.
(2) Autocratic and Democratic styles of leadership.
(b) Discuss the controlling nature and relationship between planning and control. 12
7. (a) (1) Explain the concept and essentials of budgetary control.
(2) Write a detailed note on break-even analysis. 6+6=12
(b) Write short notes on the following: 6+6=12
(1) Ethics of a manager.
(2) Centralization of authority.
This is all about Management Principles and Apllication Question Paper 2022. For more Dibrugarh University Question Papers click here.