Retail Management Question Paper 2022
[Dibrugarh University BCOM 5th Sem NON HONS]
COMMERCE (Discipline Specific Elective)
Paper: DSE – 502 (Group-III)
Full Marks: 80
Pass Marks: 32
Time: 3 hours
The figures in the margin indicate full marks for the questions
1. Answer the following as directed: 1 x 8 = 8
(a) Write the full form of RFID.
(b) What is not easy to change in retail management?
(4) Merchandise mix. (Choose the correct answer)
(c) A store that stocks particular type of merchandise is
(4) non-store. (Choose the correct answer)
(d) The major component of solid waste that a retailer generates in the environment is
(4) naming. (Choose the correct answer)
(e) Inventory management means _______ the inventory at all the stages of the products so that the production and sales process runs smoothly.
(4) referring. (Choose the correct answer)
(f) The combination of the organized and unorganized retail outlets have made the density of the retail outlets _______ in India.
(4) smallest. (Choose the correct answer)
(g) The Global Commerce Initiative (GCI) is a global user group created in
(4) 1983. (Choose the correct answer)
(h) What does ‘bar code’ mean?
2. Write short notes on any four of the following: 4 x 4 = 16
(a) Scope of retailing.
(b) Non-store based retailing.
(c) Inventory management.
(e) Departmental store.
3. (a) What do you understand by the term ‘retail management’? Discuss the role of retail manager in a competitive business environment. 4+7=11
(b) Explain with examples the emerging trends in retail in India. 11
4. (a) What are the organizational structures of retail stores? Differentiate between store and non-store based retailing. 4+7=11
(b) Describe the different types of retailing in India. 11
5. (a) What is inventory control? Discuss various tasks associated with inventory control with examples. 4+7=11
(b) What is supply chain management? Discuss its elements of logistics management. 4+7=11
6. (a) What is warehousing management? What factors are considered for smooth operations of the warehouse? Discuss. 4+7=11
(b) What is the importance of fleet management? Discuss the IT-based fleet management and its benefit. 4+7=11
7. (a) Discuss the global trends of retail sector and also discuss the recent trend in Indian retail sector. 6+6=12
(b) India being the land of crores of people, yet retail industry is facing the shortage of skilled manpower. Explain. 12